Sunday, February 6, 2011

If this is wrong then I don't wanna be right.


So my best friend sent me a link to a recipe that used cake batter AND sprinkles in a chocolate bark recipe and I instantly fell in love. I thought to myself, self, what could POSSIBLY be better than cake batter AND sprinkles in a bark recipe? I didn't think anything could be better...until I ran across the bag of MINT DARK CHOCOLATE baking chips at Wal Mart.

LIGHT BULB.





Let me just admit that my specialty is CAKES. I don't usually venture very far from them because cakes are what I do man. So trying new things always scares me. But I decided to try this recipe cause I figured how hard can it be to melt some friggin chocolate, right?


Um. WRONG.


First of all, white chocolate is the devil and you need to use a double broiler to melt it. Unless you want to burn it twice in the microwave and then break your glass pyrex bowl when you don't let it cool down and instantly throw water in it. Not that I did that. *Shifts feet uncomfortably*


RECIPE:

Melt a bag of mint n dark chocolate baking chips in the microwave for one minute, stir then nuke for another 30 seconds, stir then nuke for a final 30 seconds. Pour the mixture on a piece of parchment paper and spread out to desired thickness with a spoon or spatula. Place in the freezer for twenty minutes.

Set up a pan with water and place a heat safe bowl on top of the pan so that it is NOT in contact with the water. Place one bag of white chocolate chips in the bowl and stir CONSTANTLY. They burn SUPER easily so don't try to multi-task here! Burnt white chocolate is the WORST SMELL ON THE PLANET. Not that I would know. *AHEM*

Once it is mostly melted quickly stir in two tablespoons of yellow cake mix until it is well blended with no lumps. Remove from the heat, pull out your frozen chocolate from the freezer and layer this on top. Add a dash of sprinkles and then put it back in the freezer for another 20 minutes.

Pull it out and break into pieces and VOILA! You have made something cute, delicious and fun!

*Hopefully without burning the $%#*& white chocolate*

No comments:

Post a Comment