Saturday, January 22, 2011

How to Make a Cup of Moonchild Tea:

For starters, you're going to need the Moonchild Tea anthem:


And then you will need some key ingredients:

1. Celebrate tea, which is a loose leaf black tea with caramel and vanilla flavoring AND SPRINKLES! (available for purchase from this lovely) and a tea diffuser to hold the leaves OR if you aren't able to do this you can just buy the little bags of black tea available from a store near you! It won't be quite the same, but it will be close!
2. Homemade or store bought whipped cream (recipe for the homemade version below)
3. Sprinkles (I've said it before and I will say it again, EVERYTHING is better with sprinkles!)
4. A teacup. "Pinkies up, elbows out! That's the way I tip my cup!" :)


First things first, let's steep the tea! Take your diffuser and fill it half full of the tea leaves and place it in boiling hot water for two to three minutes like so:



If you want to make homemade whipped cream (my FAVORITE!) here is the super EASY recipe:
Get heavy whipping cream and pour it into a bowl (like 2 cups) and then add about a tablespoon of vanilla extract, two tablespoons of sugar and whip with a blender until it forms whipped cream like this:



Take your tea diffuser out of your tea now and add some delicious honey! I like honey made by bee's from avocado trees or orange orchards. Fun fact: eating honey that is made locally will help give you natural immunity to allergens!


Now start adding dollops of the whip cream to the top of your tea, just plop them in, don't be scared!

Don't be shy! Keep going!


I-Loo is totally salivating right now...


Now here comes the MOST IMPORTANT part! THE ADDITION OF THE SPRINKLES!!!!


Enjoy your cup of Moonchild Tea <3


I.L.U!!

-HomeOfPie

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! OMG Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It really is! I have had like six cups...and now I kinda feel sick from all the cream! Lol! :D

    WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete