Thursday, November 25, 2010

The final chapters of Bill's Assistant! YAY!

Part 19

I laid on my back like that for a good three hours. I waited until I could hear two sets of soft snores drifting through the doorway. With shaky hands and a racing heart I tip toed to the doorway. I peeked through to see Josh sprawled across one couch. The Russian had pushed his couch against the heavy metal doors, blocking the most obvious escape path. Both men were snoring deeply. I tip toed across the open area towards the bathroom. My breath caught in my throat as Josh turned over in his sleep. I froze in place, waiting to see if he was awake. He mumbled something in his sleep and kept snoring.
Giving a small sigh of relief I continued my way to the bathroom. I pulled the door open, slipped through then shut it softly behind me. I slid the latch across the door, just in case. I was afraid to turn the light on, so I fumbled toward the toilet in the dark. Hoisting myself up I resumed my task of gently nudging the window open. The soap had dried, so I applied another generous squirt across the window pane. I leaned my shoulder into the window frame and pushed with all my might. I felt the window nudge another few inches. I felt a surge of hope as I felt the fresh air from outside rushing through the screen. I gave a final heave and got the window open all the way. I gently unlatched the screen and let it drop to the ground below. I cringed as it banged into something below. I froze and listened for the snoring behind me. When I was sure I heard two sets of snores I hoisted myself up to the window. I pulled my upper body through the frame and sat my bum on the seal. With my upper body outside of the window and my lower body still inside the bathroom I looked around to see where I could land softly, I was a good five feet off the ground. There was a large metal heater of some sort below the window. I turned my hips sideways and let my upper body slide down the outside wall. I was going headfirst, slithering down the sidewall towards the heater. With my feet holding me balanced on the window seal I outstretched my hands and planted them in a hand stand on the heater. I let go of the window seal with my feet and let my body flop down. I made a bit of a racket when I landed, but the second I was on my feet adrenaline took over. I wasn’t going to wait to see if I woke the two men up. I took off running up the driveway towards the vehicles. I tried to step as light as I could on the gravel, but every step thundered in my ears as I sprinted towards the two cars. I prayed as I wrenched open the bodyguards driver side door and fumbled to see if there were keys in the ignition. Finding nothing I started searching the floorboards, the seat and the center compartments. Nothing. I let out a sigh and gently closed the door. I looked back at the warehouse. So far, I was in the clear. I tip toed over to Josh’s car and opened the door. I reached for the ignition and felt my heart leap with excitement when I felt the keys dangling there. I jumped in the seat, closed the door and pressed the lock button. I took a deep breath as I prepared to turn the key in the ignition.
“Okay, I can do this, I can do this.” I turned the key and cringed as the engine whined in protest. Of course the car wasn’t starting. I turned again. The engine just clicked in protest. My emotions took over and I started crying as I turned the key again and again. My breath was coming in gasps, it felt like there was a clamp on my chest as I realized the car wasn’t starting. I hit the dashboard in frustration.
“Common! Common! Please!”
Light flooded the driveway as the door of the warehouse wrenched open. My heart hammered in my chest as I turned the key again and again, crying harder and harder with every fail. Josh was halfway across the driveway when the engine sprang to life. I cried out and threw the car into gear.
I didn’t even look in the rearview mirror as I pulled out of the driveway, I just kept the pedal to the floor.
The trees and shrubbery flew past me. I had no idea where I was, but I vaguely remembered parts of the drive from yesterday. My legs were shaking from the adrenaline as I maneuvered the car around the windy back roads. The back roads turned to straight ways, and eventually I came to an intersection with road signs indicating I was an hour from the nearest city. I turned in the direction of the city lights and put my pedal to the floor again.
I kept an eager eye on the rearview mirror. I knew Josh had to be coming behind me, he couldn’t be that far behind. I thought about pulling into one of the random residences I passed but I was terrified to stop the car until I was in a more populated area. As the city lights came closer and closer, my gas gauge was moving closer and closer to empty.
“Common baby, just a little while longer.”
I prayed silently to myself as I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and checked the rearview mirror. My stomach did a flip flop when I saw lights in the distance behind me. They were a ways back, but there were lights. I gulped and pushed the car further, I focused my thoughts on Bill. Bill the man I was gonna marry, Bill, the father of the baby I was carrying. I had to get back to Bill.
I was getting into residential areas now. I started weaving through streets hoping to find an area I could stop and use a pay phone. I was looking for a business, a gas station, anything. I finally came upon a petrol station and pulled the car around the backside to be less visible. I jumped out of the car and ran inside.
The attendant took in my disheveled form and smirked. “Rough night?”
“Please call 9-1-1. I’ve been kidnapped. Please.” Then I started bawling again.
His face fell as he realized I wasn’t kidding and he frantically started dialing. I spent most of the next twenty minutes worriedly watching the passerby traffic, expecting Josh to come charging in at any moment.
My heart leapt with joy when two squad cars pulled into the police station. The officers split up, one staying with the car and calling a radio in on my license plate and the other walked in to check on the call. I could hear an ambulance in the distance.
The officer walked slowly up to me, raising his arms in a peace gesture to assure me he was safe.
“Ma’am, it’s ok, you are safe now.” Soft brown eyes were reassuring me as he gently laid a hand on my arm.
I just nodded my head, the tears streaking down my face. Relief started to wash over me, followed by shock. I was hiccupping I was sobbing so hard, practically collapsing in the officers arms. I was emotionally exhausted and hungry. Mostly, I wanted to see Bill.
“She just walked in and said to call 9-1-1.” The attendant was rambling to an officer who was taking notes.
“I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant.” I repeated the statement over and over as he put a blanket around my shoulders.
"Ma'am, what's your name?" The officer was rubbing my arms trying to calm my sobs.
"J-J-Jessi." I tried controlling my sobs, wiping at my face with the blanket.
"Ok, we got a female, mid-twenties here, possible kidnapping victim, matches the description of the missing female alert put out." The officer was talking into a small radio attached to his shirt. He returned the radio and returned his attention to me. "Jessi, do you know who took you? Are you hurt? We have an ambulance on the way." He took in my disheveled hair, worn pajamas and bare feet while he pulled out a small pad of paper.
"Um. I was abducted by my fiance's ex-bodyguard and my ex-boyfriend." I continued to give him Josh's name, and as much detail as I could remember about the past 36 hours while he hurriedly jotted notes on his notepad.
"Can I call my fiance? Has he been notified?" I could care less about anything at this point, except seeing Bill again.
"I will make sure he is notified to meet you at the hospital ma'am, I just have a few more things-" He was interrupted by the sirens on the ambulance pulling into the driveway. He waved the technicians over in our direction as a gurney was pulled out of the back.
Everything became a blur after that, someone was asking me questions about my health, and another person was hooking me up to vitals as they wheeled the gurney out. I watched through blurry eyes as a small crowd gathered on the sidewalk. It was dark outside, but a news crew was pulling into the parking lot. I felt exhausted on every level.
“Please get me out of here. Please call Bill, I need to see Bill.” I pleaded with the EMT who was wheeling me out.
“It’s okay honey, just relax, you’re safe now.” She patted my arm as she pulled the gurney towards the ambulance. I closed my eyes as I heard the doors shut behind her. I was safe now. I wrapped my hands protectively around my abdomen - we were safe now.


Part 20

“Where is she?” I could hear Bill’s frantic voice above the police murmurs around me.

“I’m here, I’m here!” I called to him from my bed, I could feel the hysteria building up in my chest again. There were officers gathered around me, I had been giving my account repeatedly for the past hour when I saw Bill pushing through the group of men. I had asked repeatedly where he was, trying to get through my account of the abduction as fast as I could so I could get back to Bill.

My heart leapt in my chest when I saw him. I reached for him, but the monitors hooked to my belly and hands kept me grounded. He pushed angrily through the officers and wrapped his arms around me. I eagerly pulled him close.

“I have been going crazy for the past 36 hours.” He whispered against my hair. I could feel his shoulders shaking. I just wrapped myself against him and let myself get lost in his arms. It was the most complete I had felt in a long time with his arms around me like that, suddenly, everything else just faded away.

“I love you. I love you.” I sobbed into his arms. Nothing felt better than his arms.

“Ma’am, we just have a few mo-

“No, you don’t have any more questions for her tonight. She is pregnant and she needs to be resting. She’s been through enough. You can come back tomorrow.” Bill’s voice stopped the officer in his tracks.

“Of course, of course. We will be back in the morning. Don’t worry miss, we have a detail protecting your room tonight. We will get him.” The officer blushed as he mumbled reassurances at Bill and I, motioning to the others to leave us alone. They shuffled outside, closing the door behind them with a resounding click.

Bill turned around and took my face in his hands. “Are you okay, are you hurt?” He fluttered one hand toward my belly tenderly, then ran it softly down my side as he pulled me into his lap. I was like a baby in his arms.

“I’m fine. Just shaken up, just scared. I love you. God, I love you.” I turned my face to him and kissed his lips, wrapping my hands around his neck and pulling his face into mine.

We came up gasping for air minutes later, both our faces flushed and streaked with tears.

“I am never leaving you unprotected again. Ever. From now on we will have a security team at all times. Even at home.” He traced a finger down my temple, his eyes drinking in my features.

“Bill, we can’t hide forever. Once Josh goes to prison, we won’t have to worry about this anymore.” I sighed against Bill’s shoulder.

“JOSH kidnapped you?” Bill pulled me out of my comfortable nook to look at him.

“Mmhmm,” I sleepily replied, “and your old Russian bodyguard helped him.”

Bill just looked at me open mouthed before pulling me close again.

“Alex? Well that explains how they got in the house…I just can’t believe…wow.” He pulled me close again. “Did they hurt you, is the baby okay?” He whispered against my temple. I could feel him shakily taking deep breathes trying to control his anger.

“No. No, I was just scared. The baby is okay too.” I closed my eyes against his chest again. I was exhausted. I hadn’t slept in what felt like two days.

“Bill?”

“Hmm?” He kissed my temple and squeezed me close.

“I don’t want to talk about Josh anymore. I just want you to hold me. But I do want him arrested. If the cops don’t get him I will.” I leveled my gaze with Bills, his startled eyes taking in my sudden intensity.

I was interrupted by Bill’s phone vibrating against my chest. “Hang on, I need to update Tom. He’s been going crazy too.” Bill fumbled to pull his phone from his front pocket.

“Ya.” Bill sighed into the receiver. I heard Tom’s voice squawking through the phone in reply.

“She’s fine.” Bill waited as Tom continued in the background.

“Yeah, I am bringing her home. We can have someone come take care of her there. No I am not leaving her anywhere. Yeah, I already took care of the paperwork. Ok. Bye.” Bill flipped his phone and tucked it back into his shirt pocket.

“Tom says he is happy you are ok. I am getting you out of here. We can have in home care, I don’t trust the security here.” He looked up at the six officers standing in the hallway and then back to my skeptical expression. I wasn’t worried about security, but I was happy to go home with him.

“Ok, fine, I just miss you.” He replied, smiling and kissing me again, “I don’t ever want to be away from you again, lets go home.”

I smiled wearily back at him. All I wanted was to curl up in his arms and sleep forever, to forget this ever happened.

“Take me home.”

Bill pressed the call button for a nurse, and kept me wrapped in his arms while we waited. It only took five minutes before a sweet faced elderly nurse came into the room.

“Everything okay dear?” She smiled warmly at me, and shifting her eyes to Bill holding me on the bed.

Bill answered for me, “I signed release paperwork for her, can we take these monitors off so we can leave please?”

“Sure hun.” She pulled off the monitors hooked up to my arms and belly and helped me stand up. “Looks like you are still in your clothes so you are ready to go as long as all the paperwork is done.” She looked back at Bill expectantly.

“Thank you.” He smiled at her and ushered my weary form towards the hallway. He whispered in my ear, “Our security team is in the hallway, and the helicopter is on the roof next door.”

I smiled as I leaned against him, “I am so tired. All I want to do is sleep.” I wobbled a little, not realizing just how tired I really was as we stepped out in the hall. Bill caught me, then lifted me into his arms like a child.

“It’s okay, I’ve got you.” He crooned.

I just smiled as I rested my head against his shoulder. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, tracing patterns along his neckline with my fingers as he carried me through the halls. I felt the night air hit me as we left the hospital, causing me to snuggle closer to Bill. I kept my eyes closed, though I felt the heat as we entered another building, then heard the elevator doors part as our team climbed in for the ascent to the rooftop. I felt safe with his arms around me, rocking with the motion of his steps.

The elevator doors opened again and I braced myself for the night air as we neared the sound of the helicopter. Then the doors opened and Bill was jogging with me in his arms. I opened my eyes as he set me in my seat, crawled in next to me and motioned for the rest of his security team to follow. Once the doors were closed I crawled into his lap, laid my head onto his shoulder and closed my eyes. I drifted to sleep with his warm arms around me, listening to the rhythmic sound of his heartbeat in sync with the whir of the helicopter.


Part 21

The sunlight streaming through the blinds woke me up. Bill’s arms were wrapped around me, as were the fluffy soft blankets of our bed. I rolled over staying wrapped in his arms and faced him.

“Good morning beautiful.” He mumbled with closed eyes.

“Hi handsome.” I flopped one arm over his side, pulling at his back so that he was forced to scoot closer to me.

“Did you sleep okay?” He asked while wiping the sleep from his eyes. He rolled over onto his back, stretching.

“Mmmhmmm. I don’t remember coming home last night though.” I scrunched my face up trying to recall what happened after we left the hospital.

“You were out cold.” Bill propped himself up on one elbow, allowing me to see part of his shirtless torso. My breath caught in my throat at the same time as my stomach gave a loud gurgle.

Bill laughed, “Our child is hungry.”

“Our child is always hungry.” I smiled coyly at him from my pillow. He leaned forward, hovering over me. He stopped his face a foot or so from mine, searing my eyes with his intense gaze. I reached up to tuck a stray lock of hair behind his ears, letting my hands linger along his jawline.

“You are so beautiful Jessi,” he whispered. My heart started beating faster as his eyes softened and his face changed from intense to somber, “I was so terrified watching that car take off with you. I have never felt so utterly helpless. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you, if I lost us. It got me thinking…I don’t want to wait to get married. I don’t want to wait another couple of months. I know a lot has happened in the past few weeks,” He shifted his weight so that he was leaning on his elbow with half his body weight across mine, “and I know you need to rest for the sake of the baby, so lets just have a quiet ceremony here. Just with a few friends and family. Let me take care of the details. I will even have someone order your dress.” He smiled at the last part, waiting for me to respond.

I licked my lips and looked up at him.

“Bill, I love you, and I can’t wait to be your wife,” I smiled as his face grew radiant, “and I would be so happy if someone else did the dress shopping for me.” He just rolled his eyes before he leaned in and kissed me.

“Then its settled, I will take care of the arrangements and we will be man and wife within a weeks time.” Bill smiled down at me.

My stomach started gurgling again, which prompted Bill to sit up in bed.

“Ok, it’s time for us to feed the child.” He chirped, then he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and sat up, turned around and drug me with him. I giggled and let my body go limp across the bed.

“The child wants breakfast in bed.” I giggled up at him.

“The child needs to come downstairs to see her best friend and Tom.” Bill smiled in response as he pulled my limp form to the edge of the bed.

Le sigh, O.K. the child is coming…” I mumbled as I crawled out of bed.

I didn’t make it very far though, because within seconds Bill’s arms were wrapped around me, gently tackling me back onto the sheets.

~

While Bill was showering I made my way downstairs. As soon as I was mid-way down the banister the smell of waffles invaded my senses. My mouth started watering as I thought of the savory taste of melted butter and maple syrup on a warm waffle.

“Something smells amazing!” I exclaimed as I walked in the kitchen.

Jackie spun around excitedly, dropping the spatula with a loud clang on the counter and ran over to me. She threw her arms around me, enveloping me in a big warm hug.

“I didn’t know if you were O.K., I didn’t know who took you, I have never been so worried!” She blubbered as I stroked her hair.

“It’s O.K. I am fine, see? I could use some breakfast though.” I pulled back from her arms and smiled at her trying not to tear up at her sentiments.

Jackie wiped at her face and nodded laughing.

“Of course, of course! A pregnant lady needs her breakfast.” She wobbled back to the stove and flopped a huge waffle onto a plate and passed it across the counter to me.

“You really are the best.” I smiled at her appreciatively as I lathered it with butter and maple syrup and started wolfing it down. It felt like forever since I had eaten.

I looked up when Jackie cleared her throat.

“O.K., so I know you probably don’t want to hear this so soon, but the police already called and are sending someone out to finish the investigative report in about an hour or so.” She looked down at her hands and picked at a hangnail before looking back at me. “You gonna be okay with them coming so soon?”

I sighed and dropped my fork, pushing my empty plate back towards her. “Yeah. I might as well get through the worst of it so I can go back to living my life. I hope they caught Alex and Josh. I would feel a lot better knowing they were in custody.”

“So would I.” Jackie nodded in response. “You want another waffle?”

I shook my head as my stomach started to gurgle. I was trying to fight off the nausea that was creeping over me. I had made it almost two days without experiencing morning sickness and I was hoping it wasn’t coming back.

“No, actually, um, I think I might be sick.” I jumped off my stool and ran to the bathroom as my breakfast made its way back up.

I had just finished washing my mouth out when I heard Jackie answering the door.

“Yes, yes of course, come in. She will be with you in just a minute.” I heard her say.

I wiped my face with the towel and stepped out into the entrance to greet the officers standing there.

“Hello Gentleman.” I tried to smile, but seeing them brought back the horror of the past few days. My smile faltered and I felt an overwhelming sense to run away and hide. Fighting it I strode forward and shook their hands.

“Ma’am.” They answered in unison. There was an older male officer and a young male officer this time. I didn’t recognize either from the previous few days, but then again there had been so much that happened and I was so tired…

“Jess, I am going to go let Bill know they are here, be right back.” Jackie said as she jogged up the stairs. She took in my panic stricken look and stopped mid-way on the banister and called to Bill instead. “Bill! The cops are here to take Jessi’s statement!” Then she jogged back down and grasped my hand. I smiled at her appreciatively. Sometimes, words weren’t necessary with best friends.

“Hello, welcome to our home.” Bill’s soft voice echoed down the stairs as he joined us, Tom was behind him smiling at me. I felt a sense of relief settle over me as they joined us. Tom jumped down the last two steps and wrapped me in a bear hug, before he let go he whispered, “Glad you are home sis, you had us worried.”

My heart jumped at the term ‘sis,’ and I smiled as Bill stepped along side me and took my other hand in his. With Jackie on one side, Bill on the other and Tom standing nearby I felt strong enough to face the horror of the past few days. I let out a big breath, looked up at the patiently waiting officers and said, “Alrighty gentlemen, let’s get this over with.”


Part 22

“Are you excited for tomorrow?” Bill was sitting behind me on the couch, his arms wrapped around me, resting on my belly. I leaned my head back against his chest and sighed. The past week had flown by, between the truckloads of decorations being brought in for the ‘small’ garden wedding Bill had planned and the events of the past weekend, I was exhausted.

“Yes.” I whispered. I laced my fingers over his, letting the smile that had been tugging at my mouth win me over. “In 24 hours I will be walking down the aisle dressed like a giant pastry, how can I not be excited?” I giggled.

“I doubt the dress Vera sent for you will look like a giant pastry.” Bill laughed.

I turned my head towards him. “You really haven’t seen it yet? You didn’t peek even once?”

“Nope.” He dropped a quick peck on my lips before a smug smile crossed his face.

“You really think it’s bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding?” I had turned almost completely around in his lap now and was resting on his chest looking up at him.

“I would rather not take any chances.” His face went somber.

“Bill Kaulitz, you are so superstitious!” I poked at his chest, laughing as he wiggled under my assault.

“Woman, don’t make me tickle you, think of the baby – ” Bill erupted into a fit of giggles when I dug my fingers into his ribs. I was straddling him now while he writhed underneath me giggling. He finally got a hold of my wrists and pinned me down on the couch. He was huffing for air, and I was smiling up at him like a Cheshire cat.

“No ding-ding without a wedding ring!” Tom’s sing song voice had us jumping upright on the sofa.

“Hi Tom.” I called out breathlessly. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I met Tom’s knowing look.

“Tsk tsk, you are sleeping in separate bedrooms tonight right? You can’t see each other until the ceremony tomorrow.” He scolded us with raised eyebrows.

“Um, when did you become the representative for moral standards?” Bill joked as he threw a pillow at Tom.

Tom ducked, turned back around and quipped, “Just keeping an eye on my little brother.”

“For your information we already worked this out. She is staying in our room, and I am sleeping in the guest bedroom, MOM.” Bill smiled smugly back at Tom.

“I am so excited for cake.” My random comment caught the boys off guard, causing Bill to start laughing first then Tom.

“You are so pregnant right now.” Tom rolled his eyes and strolled over to sit on the couch across from me.

“With my baby!” Bill cooed and leaned down to hug my belly. “Hi baby Bill, can you hear me in there?” He put his ear up to the little bulge on my belly. “Tomorrow your Mommy is going to marry me, and then we are going to live happily ever after and spoil you rotten.” He smiled up at me.

“You people make me sick. Sometimes I really don’t know how we can be from the same gene pool.” Tom scrunched one side of his face up and raised his eyebrows at Bill’s cooing.

“Ok, this pregnant lady is going to bed, apparently in a different room than the groom.” I pushed Bill slowly out of my lap and started to stand up. “Bill, honey, I love you and I guess I will see you tomorrow when whomever is going to coordinate me for the wedding brings me to the ceremony?” I really had no idea what was happening. All I knew was that I was going to show up.

Bill stood up with me. “Yes, your team will be in around eleven to get you ready. Just stay in bed until then. Don’t worry about anything, everything is all taken care of, all you have to do is enjoy the pampering.” He smiled down at my skeptical expression then kissed me on the lips. “This is the last day I have to refer to you as my fiancĂ©, tomorrow you become my wife.”

My heart fluttered as a smile spread across my face. Wife. He said wife. I was marrying Bill tomorrow. I turned around, smiling as I made my way to bed.

~

“Jessi?” I heard Jackie’s voice before a soft hand gently touched my arm. “Sweetie? Happy wedding day!”

“Huh?” I blinked in confusion at the commotion around my bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, focusing on the team of people in the room surrounding the bed. They all looked ready to pounce on me with a plethora of cosmetics, hair products, and various garments. There was even a lady setting up a table to do my nails and toes at the foot of the bed. I turned what must have been a look of terror and confusion to Jackie’s smiling face at my bedside.

“Breakfast?” She handed me a tray containing muffins and sliced fruit and an assortment of juices. I groggily balanced the tray in my lap, tentatively nibbling on a blueberry muffin as I eyed the people surrounding the bed. I suddenly felt a bit like a circus animal.

“Morning everyone.” I whispered. I felt the heat rising in my cheeks as they all smiled back at me. I finished my muffin, gulped down a juice and pushed the tray towards Jackie. Then they pounced.

One person was brushing my teeth while another was wiping my face down. Someone was washing my legs and prepping them for waxing. Then someone was tugging and plucking at my eyebrows. A brush was being pulled through my hair, things were being sprayed then I felt my feet go into hot water as someone started a pedicure. It seemed to go on forever until a small Chinese lady shoved them all aside and walked up to where I was perched, still in my under things.

“She is ready for the dress.” There was a gasp amongst the group as she turned on her heel and walked to the other end of the room, everyone parting and watching her with open-mouthed wonder. I crossed my eyes at Jackie, who frowned at me and looked eagerly towards the unveiling of the dress.

Everyone broke out in applause as she pulled the sheet away from the manikin. My draw dropped, the dress was absolutely breathtaking, it was astounding. For the first time all day, I felt completely nostalgic. My breath caught in my throat and tears swelled in my eyes. The enormity of what was happening caught up to me and I started to cry.

“Tears! We have tears!” Someone rushed at my face and started blotting as I took in the fabric and detail of the gown I would wear to wed Bill. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

It had a delicate scooped neck, with intricate black diamond embossed detail work on the black bodice, the sides and back had cutouts that were laced together with silver and black silk ribbons embossed with thousands of tiny diamonds. The bodice would fit tightly over my slightly bulging belly, I was secretly happy we were getting married before I started to really show my pregnancy. The full skirt matched the black sparkling bodice, with a heavy black fabric weaving an intricate pattern into the material, which flowed into an 8 foot train that trailed across the floor.

After the makeup artists re-applied my eye makeup, I was escorted over to the dress for the fitting. As I stood on a pedestal, the tiny Chinese woman fitted me with various under things that matched the dress. I tried not to blush as she undressed me in front of the room full of people. Every time I tried to do anything myself she batted my hands away and yelled something I didn’t understand, so after a while I just gave in and let her continue. I started to feel utterly giddy as the dress was slid over my head. A giant mirror was wheeled over to me as she finished lacing up the sides and back of the dress. The ribbons all met at the small of my back in a loose bow. I was hoping she would be around to help me out of the dress later.

When I looked up at the mirror my breath caught in my throat. My hair had been pulled into loose curls, half piled up on my head, and half cascading down my back. There were thousands of tiny black diamonds pinned in the up do, so that every time I moved my head they would glint in the light. My green eyes were like a beacon under the silver and black shadows the team had used on my eyes. My lips were a soft nude color, accentuating the hue of my eyes. I felt absolutely stunning.

“Thank you so much.” That was all I could say before I started to get choked up.

“Oh honey, don’t cry! No crying until he sees you at least once!” One of the ladies called out. Everyone laughed. I turned as Jackie pushed her way to the front and grabbed my hand.

“Are you ready to see your groom? The ceremony is going to start soon.” She smiled at me and I felt my stomach do little flip-flops.

I just nodded, unable to form even a sentence. I felt my palms start to sweat as my heart started racing. Three women dressed in black cocktail dresses followed me carrying the train of my dress. I walked delicately down the stairs in my little black slippers. I was thankful they had gotten me flats.

As Jackie opened the door to the backyard I was shocked by what I saw. This was definitely not our backyard. Thousands of exotic orchid bushels lined the walkway. Low light lanterns swung from the trees casting a romantic glow against the sunset. We continued towards the giant flat roofed tent that rose ahead of me. As we neared the entrance I realized that it wasn’t a tent at all, but instead it was a massive structure with a thick covering of flowers. The sent engulfed me, and instantly I was transported back to my first kiss with Bill on the beach in the Maldives, it smelled exactly like the tropics. I smiled at his cleverness. As we neared the entrance I heard the steady buzz of voices. The wedding music started and Jackie smiled at me before she turned to walk down the aisle with Gustav, the first of the wedding party. Then Maggie appeared out of nowhere with Georg and winked at me as they made their way down the aisle. I started to hyperventilate. Most brides had a father to walk them down the aisle, I was terrified to walk alone. I felt the tears start to well up at the thought of my parents missing my wedding when I heard someone ask the crowd to prepare for the arrival of the bride. Then everything went silent, except for the hammering of my heart.

Tom stepped out from the shrubbery to my left and took my arm in his.

“You don’t think we would let you walk down the aisle alone, now do you?” He smiled down at me warmly, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

I breathed a shaky sigh of relief and wrapped my arm in his. “Thank you.” I smiled appreciatively up at him, trying not to let my face crumple as I fought back the tears. I couldn’t say much more, I was trying really hard not to start crying. The enormity of what was happening was overtaking me. I turned my gaze to my feet as he motioned for us to move forward at the first sound of my entrance music.

“I just have one request.” Tom whispered as we neared the doorway. I could see pillar candles lining the aisle and more orchid bushels.

I just nodded, trying not to hyperventilate. Breathe, breathe, breathe.

“Take care of my little brother for me.” He whispered just before we entered the doorway.

“Always.” I promised.

Then I saw him standing at the alter staring at his feet. He was a bundle of nerves too. He was nervously clutching his hands together, breathing out a sigh as he looked up. He had cut his hair shorter it wasn’t in a Mohawk now, it was teased back with the sides shaved, and his eyes were rimmed with a soft smoky liner. His tux was black and fitted and he looked delicious. When our eyes met, everyone in the room disappeared. I didn’t notice the family friends on either side of the aisle. I didn’t see Bill’s mother crying softly in the front row. I didn’t see David smile at Tom, or Jackie wink at me. All I could see were Bill’s soft eyes drinking me in as I floated down the aisle towards him. I didn’t hear Tom answer Andreas’ question when he asked who was giving the bride away. I was locked in Bill’s eyes, locked in his gaze, locked in eternity.

I felt my face flush as he reached out, never dropping his eyes from mine, and took my hands in his. He gave a nervous laugh as Andreas started in on the ceremony and I couldn’t help but laugh with him. We stood like that, giddy, blushing and smiling into each other’s eyes until Andreas cleared his throat to indicate it was time for us to exchange our vows.

Andreas turned to Bill first. “Bill, I need you to repeat after me, Ok?”

Bill nodded.

Andreas continued, “I, Bill Kaulitz, take you, Jessi Veille.”

Bill cleared his throat, “I, Bill Kaulitz, take you, Jessi Veille.”

“To be my lawfully wedded wife.” Andreas continued.

“To be my lawfully wedded wife.” Bills smile sent my heart on fire.

“And I promise before these witnesses to be your loving and faithful husband.”

“-And I promise before these witnesses to be your loving and faithful husband.” Bill repeated, softly now, almost whispering to me. He stepped closer as he said it, and my breath caught in my throat as he looked deep in my eyes. He was somber now, his face totally serious as he recited his vows.

Andreas continued “-in good times and in bad, in joy and in sorrow-

“-In good times and in bad, in joy and in sorrow.” Bill dropped my hands from his and took my face in his hands, whispering his vows to me now. I let my hands fall to his waist as I looked up at him.

“-In sickness and in health.”

“In sickness and in health.” Bill repeated.

“-As long as we both shall live.”

“-As long as we both shall live.” His lips were centimeters from mine as he whispered the last words. I nodded as he said them, feeling his cool breath brush my features.

Andreas turned to me and asked me to repeat after him. I did. I starred right into Bill’s eyes, trying desperately not to choke on the tears I was fighting as I swam in the depth of his love.

“I, Jessi Veille, take you, Bill Kaulitz, to be my husband.” I stopped to take a shaky breathe as a tear streaked down my cheek. Bill started stroking my cheek with his finger. “I prom- mi-se before all these witnesses to be your lo- ving and faithful wife, in good times and in bad.” I took another shaky breath as Bill smiled at me encouragingly. “In Joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live.”

Bill’s face broke out into a brilliant smile when I finished. I giggled with him. I could tell he was ready to kiss me, but Andreas hadn’t done the ring ceremony yet.

“Bill, we will get to that part in a minute. First I need you to take this ring and give it to Jessi and repeat after me.” Andreas continued laughing as Bill held his hand out for the ring, smiling at Andreas as the crowd giggled.

“I with this ring, thee wed.” Andreas motioned for Bill to proceed.

“I with this ring, thee wed.” Bill softly slipped the ring on my finger, squeezing my hand.

“Jessi, same thing for you. I with this ring, thee wed.” Andreas watched as I took the ring and slipped it on Bill’s hand.

“I with this ring, thee wed.” I smiled down at my shaking hands.

Andreas smiled at us, turned to the crowd and bellowed, “By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife, now Bill you may kiss the bride!”

Bill stepped forward, eagerly took my face in his hands and drew my lips to his. Our bodies melded together as I twined my arms around his shoulders. The kiss deepened as the crowd cheered us on. Our lips parted, but we stayed intertwined as everyone continued to cheer around us.

“I love you!” Bill beamed at me as he ran one hand through my hair. “I’ve never seen anything so beautiful in all my life.” He planted a quick kiss on my mouth with a smile.

“I love you too!” I exclaimed as he pulled away. Then Tom was throwing his arms around us, and we were being ushered from family member to family member in a series of hugs.

After Bill’s parents had hugged us he turned and grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the aisle. As we walked down the aisle everyone continued cheering and congratulating us, all the while throwing rice in the air. We giggled and leaned forward, ducking into the shower of wedding confetti.

He pulled me out of the tent and down a pathway where a limousine was waiting for us.

“Where are we going?” I looked up at him quizzically.

He smiled back at me as he leaned down and scooped me off my feet, carrying me the last few feet to the car.

“To spend the rest of our lives together.”


THE END!


THANK YOU to everyone who has been reading my story! I appreciate you! I had so much fun developing my characters and my plot line. I think I will start writing more short stories, its been a great hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment