Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Three Kings Day!!


Let me tell you, these ladies know how to make hot chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmm.





This is my first year celebrating the Mexican Holiday called Three Kings Day. They do this every year at work, which I think is awesome and fun.

This is the holiday that falls every year on June 6th, and is when mexican children open their Christmas presents. This is the day that the wise men supposedly brought gifts to Jesus.

The tradition is to get this really awesome bread (I forget the name, Rosena maybe? Anyways...) that is in the shape of a wreath (and tastes like HEAVEN!). You cut the bread up and whoever gets the baby jesus (small plastic version) that is hidden in the loaf has to help prepare the feast that is held on February 2nd.

It was so fun! (PS if I got any of the facts wrong, please remember I am new to this tradition).

No comments:

Post a Comment