Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sugar Cookie Recipe, revised for the betterment of mankind.

THIS is how you make friends:








I revised my sugar cookie recipe. :D

1 C. Sugar
1 C. Butter
3 Tblsp. Milk
1 Tblsp. Vanilla
1 egg
3 C. Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt

In a bowl (I prefer a mixer cause I am lazy) mix 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of room temperature butter (I use salted butter because I like to shake it up), 3 tablespoons of milk, 1 tablespoon of vanilla (I love the nilla), and 1 egg and MIX!
Ok, once that is all blended now you need to add three cups of flour into the dough, then add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Mix well then put in the fridge for an hour. Once it is good and cold you can cut it into shapes or roll it into balls. I made semi small cookies. A really fun way of preparing them is to roll them into a loaf in parchment paper and then cut them into cookie sized slices before you bake them. Makes em look like the Pillsbury cookies. When I do this I roll the roll in sugar before I refrigerate it. :D I have made them without refrigerating them, but to be honest they always taste better when I do refrigerate them. Not sure what that cooling does, but it works wonders on the taste. When I take em out I bake them at 400 degrees for seven minutes. They won't look done, but the secret to making them AMAZING is to barely bake them then pull em off the cookie sheet (carefully cause they are still kinda gooey) then let em sit and trust me, they will harden up just enough to look and taste cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment