Friday, January 28, 2011

Will Power

Sometimes it feels like life continually throws obstacles in your way and you end up having a stroke, having every delay possible in your experiments, having to start over about ten times and then being forced to drive four hours in the rain in the middle of the night with one headlight and no windshield wipers to Los Angeles to finish your Master's thesis because a FRIGGING pine cone dropped out of the sky and hit your car...or something like that...anyways, the moral of the story is, sometimes you have to face obstacles and the odds aren't always in your favor. That's where willpower comes into play. I wrote this poem for those instances.


Go ahead and challenge me
I dare you to tell me I’m wrong
I dare you to tell me one more time
that I won’t make it here that long

Every word that you berate me with
just serves to fuel my fire
every time you knock me down
I jump up with ten times more desire


So this is me flipping off the universe
and telling you I don’t give a damn
about how many obstacles you throw at me
You obviously underestimate who I am

You say my words aren’t always right
I say you don’t want to pick that fight
You say this is a man’s world
I say I’m no ordinary girl

So watch as I strike this match
watch me as I make it burn
I have the strength and the will power
to change the direction the world will turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment