Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gulliver's Travels

My trip to California started at the ass crack of dawn because my parents live in BFE, Idaho and I have to take a two hour bus ride to the airport. The difference was that this time I had my wirey, anxious little Grandmother as a travel companion. So when we crawled onto the bus at 6 AM, everyone was sleeping. Or I should say, they WERE sleeping. My darling Grandmother hit everyone spinning circles with her bag calling out looking for a seat, and in the process woke up an infant who proceeded to scream for the ENTIRE two hour bus ride to the airport. Needless to say, everyone gave us the hairy eyeball when we got off. She never noticed. She talked the entire time to her seat mate whilst I plugged my ear buds in and let Skrillex ease my pain.
When we finally got to the airport I found out that my flight had been jacked up and booked for January 28th instead of December 28th. So after two hours of finagling with the airlines and two hundred dollars later I had a flight for the following morning at 6 AM. So I packed my shit and headed to a Holiday Inn. As it turns out, the hotel I chose ended up having an indoor waterpark and arcade. It was like an ADD fucking mecca.
To top it all off, my shuttle driver informed me that Utah had just gotten In N Out burger as a franchise. I think it is the new Mormon conversion method, and you know what? That shit works! I was ready to sign up for anything as long as I got more fries.

I love flying.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment