Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I fear for those who are afraid to fall.

I’ve felt the range of human emotion
So I recognize your pain
And the depth of your devotion
The pining is the lowest of lows
And the grief that follows
Feels like the worst of blows
But someday you’ll be angry
And then you’ll get over being sad
Cause heartbreak ain’t forever
Eventually it turns to regret and feeling mad
Just when you think you’re about to explode
Just know that I already know
You’ll calm down and it all evens out
Acceptance takes forever,
But moving on is the redemption
That will bring your soul back together.

So focus on you, and work it through
Cause the experience you had
Was worth a lifetime of the sad.

They say it’s better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all,
I say it’s better to grow and learn
Than to be jaded and afraid to fall.

Wrote this about watching someone who is grieving the loss of a relationship, since I was just in their shoes earlier this year I was inspired to write about the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment