Friday, November 12, 2010

As I continue along my little path of growth and finding myself, I can't help but think about the things that are changing about me. I think about what is changing for the better, for the worst. I think about who has influenced these changes and I think about what these changes mean for my future. Most of the growth and reflection I have done over the past few months is through my writing, which is how I best express myself, how I battle my emotions and how I work through my problems. Writing is what cures my ailments. Writing is what free's my soul. People may never understand my prose, but that is not what I write it for, I write it for myself and for myself alone. I've been on an incredible personal journey this past year, between breaking up with Tyler, moving to the other side of the country, watching the changes that have occurred for my family...it has all been a lot to handle. I however, am proud of the person I am finally becoming because of my experiences. I am proud of my personal growth. I have a long way to go, but I think I am on the right path. I dedicate today to personal growth, inner reflection and doing what is best for yourself...because today I woke up and I was finally happy to be alone. I was content with my decisions. I was for the first morning okay with the fact that I am 26 years old and single. I feel like this is a giant step in the right direction. I know I am drastically changing topics here, but I have been battling this demon for a long time. I am a socially inclined person and I am the type of girl who prefers to be in a relationship, so it's taken me a long time to be happy with myself alone. I don't think you can find your true soulmate until you are happy with who you are alone. So today I am rejoicing. I hope you all have an amazing Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment