Thursday, May 20, 2010

I saw a happy couple
in the parking lot
they were all over each other
drunk on new found infatuation
the scent of rabid sex clung to them
an aura of ignorant happiness
hung in the air they laughed in.

I saw them giggle when he pinned
her to the side of the car
and I could almost feel her heart race
i remember how my fingers would tremble
how it felt so strong that it hurt to
make eye contact.

It's getting better all the time.
Today I can breathe in
I can breathe out
the pains still within
but I don't freak out.

I am a ticking time bomb
ready to explode
your love left me so alone
my ego is bruised
but I am the strong one
no bottomless love will take my life

one promise was all I asked of you
silent strength and a passion to survive
will get me through
but I can feel you in my bones
and this hole in my chest
it's blazen and alive
throbbing pain is what I feel
the dull ache of losing myself
in our relationship
and now I'm searching for
the woman I once knew
before I loved you.

I breathe in and I breathe out
and the sun rises and the sun sets
my heart still beats and
I flex my lungs for life

There will be life after you.

No comments:

Post a Comment