Friday, March 26, 2010

Zoomba the Lion

Last night I dreamt that I raised a lion cub named Zoomba. She was my best friend and went everywhere with me. Eventually I had to teach her how to be wild as part of a release program, and we were hunting deer together. The deer looked suspiciously like llamas though...anyways. In my dream everything jumped ahead twenty years to when Zoomba had passed on and I was lecturing at a University about human-animal interactions and the relationships we form. Tears welled up in my eyes telling the class about the childhood days I spent with Zoomba and how much I missed and loved her. I have no idea where this dream came from, especially because I am terrified of lions, specifically mountain lions, but Zoomba was an absolute sweet heart and a total cuddle bug. I wish she were real.

No comments:

Post a Comment