Monday, February 22, 2010

I don't usually do this.

Today was my first day at the new job. I can't really express how happy I am, so for the first time on this blog I am going to actually share my lyrics with you. I honestly can't think of a better way to express my feelings from today. Steal them and I will kill you. :)

I've felt alone for so long
I've been down and out
Thought all along
That maybe I was wrong

Now I know
I just had to wait
Till my time came along
And fate answered my calls

Because it's finally okay
Today was the day
That life went my way
Because today was my day
Because today was my day

I prayed and I begged
And you sent blessings my way
Today was the day
My life finally changed

I was so down and out
Yea I was really low
I looked to the sky
And prayed to you though

And it's finally okay
Yea today was the day
That life finally went my way
Yea today was my day

When the winds of pain changed
And blew the other way
I looked through the fog
And saw where I had to stay

A place by the waves
A place in your heart
A place in the world
Where I won't feel apart

Because today was my day
The day it all changed
Life finally cared
And went my way

I feel embraced
I feel really loved
I'm not alone
I'm finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment