Monday, November 2, 2009

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania


Well, as many of you know I am in Pennsylvania to present my thesis research at the Soil Science Society of America Convention (applause!).
This city is BEAUTIFUL! There are cute rolling hills with forest in fall colors (of course) and waterways everywhere! I have never seen so much water!


They also have these beautiful gardens throughout the city, on random street corners.


Did I mention that they also have a lot of architecture from the late 1700's and early 1800's? Cause they do - and it is phenomenal.



They have buildings with gargoyles! GARGOYLES!

And statues like this one everywhere...


Plus cute Little Debbie smart cars! Everyone wins!

This city is beautiful, and I highly recommend that you visit sometime.

2 comments:

  1. The best part was the church built in the 1700s that they converted to a bar...the pew has beer taps :))).
    I think I finally found the place I want to get married!

    ReplyDelete