Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sugar Cookie Recipe


I spent SEVEN hours on my thesis yesterday...and got a shitty night's sleep because I convinced myself Bloody Mary was coming for me...so to say the least I could not motivate myself to work on my thesis again today (sorry Christie!) SOOOOOO I am making cookies instead :D.

I am more known for my cakes, but lately I have been giving cookies a go. I figured since everyone and their mom has done chocolate chip cookies I might as well just stay with my favorite, which are SUGAR COOKIES!!!!!!! I have a serious love for these lil' bastards so enjoy!!

In a bowl (I prefer a mixer cause I am lazy) mix 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of room temperature butter (I use salted butter because I like to shake it up), 3 tablespoons of milk (I use lactose free because my boyfriend is a wimp), 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1 egg and MIX! Like this:
I LOVE COOKIES!


Ok, now you need to spoon (and I mean use a spoon to spoon) three cups of flour into the dough, then add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Then mix it all up like so:
Mine was originally all in a huge ball on the mixing paddle, but I spooned it all in the bowl for you to see :D

Now you have to make a serious life decision...do you want to be like everyone else and put this dough in the refridgerator so you can have a cookie cutter lifestyle?
I don't have that kind of patience. I want cookies, and I especially want to eat the dough, like, RIGHT NOW.

SO if you are a cool and impatient kid like me...you turn the oven to 400 degrees Fehrenheit and plop those cuties one spoonful at a time on your silicon mat like this:

Then you squish them into a flatter, rounder shape with your fingers. :D

Then you bake for 5-9 minutes. Mine came out perfect after 7 but every oven is different.
Oh say can you seeeeeeeeeee how much this cookie means to meeeeeeeeeee......


**** UPDATE: these are even better when you sprinkle sugar on them right before they go in the oven****

1 comment: