Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chicken Coop

So I am exploring my options for chicken coops. My boyfriend (Common Law is right around the corner...that rat) and I are moving to Southern California and I am taking my chickens (and my rooster...my neighbors can kiss my...) with me and so I need a cute lil' house for them. The boyfriend has agreed to build it (haha I win) and so I have to find some cute plans...below are my favorite choices.
Option 1 is possibly my favorite although I will expand the length. I love the cute little flower box detail. How can I secure the bottom so nothing gets into the coop? Not sure yet...


Option 2 is also cute although I am not sure how I can make it ... a little more charming. Some paint would definitely help...but a better door and a larger pen area would be nice too.

Which leads me to option 3...although I want more access to the coop so I can get their eggs and clean it out easily. I can just see my butt stuck in that little door (diet starts tomorrow I SWEAR).

I think I like the first one the best. I am so going with the barn colors. Plans are available here as well.

Some other favorites can be found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment