Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fantabulous Anything Cobbler Recipe

While I was house sitting I had one of those moments where you know if you don't eat dessert you might die. Since I was in someone elses house I didn't have any recipes with me...so me being the brilliant (rolls eyes) cook that I am...I invented one. You know what? It might have been the best darn cobbler I have ever had! Behold my findings:

1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cap-full of vanilla extract (cap-full as in I used the cap on the bottle of extract)
four-five grindings of nutmeg
1 smidgen of cloves
four-five strong shakes of cinnamon
1 cube of butter
1/2 bag of frozen peaches (or whatever meets your fancy Nancy)

I combined all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and then melted the butter in the microwave. I put half the butter in and stirred until it was mixed in well, then added the rest of the butter and stirred again. It had a light crumbly texture. I put the peaches in the bottom of a Pyrex pie dish and spooned the cobbler/crumble on top of the peaches. I don't use timers when I bake but I put it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for probably 15-20 minutes. Basically until the topping was browning.
I then proceeded to eat all of it by myself.
Diet FAIL.

I wish I had taken a picture but until I make it again, these will do. Just imagine if these two cobblers made a love child, that love child would be my cobbler:


No comments:

Post a Comment